Thursday, April 7, 2011

Paper Wait



I was captivated by these glass paperweights I came across yesterday at Teatro Verde.  I've been so busy lately, my desk is currently buried under a mountain of paperwork so I thought one of these would be a stylish way to get it under control, or stop it from toppling over! (?).

For the past couple of months I've been spending most days in my car driving all over the city and beyond buying furniture, lamps and artwork in an effort to furnish a house for one client while picking up fixtures and tile samples for another.  I'll be honest, its not my favorite thing.  Spending my days endlessly driving from showroom to showroom searching for and buying furniture or lighting is not about designing for me,,,,,its shopping.  For the most part, it's really like being a personal shopper and it seems like I've been doing soo much of it lately - I miss designing, drawing, I miss my rag paper and pencils.........

Yes, I really miss my desk so I couldn't resist buying it this little gift to make it feel extra special when I return,  right now a fresh bunch of tulips would go perfectly with it too!!  Hopefully I'll be able to spend some time enjoying it soon, but tomorrow,,, is another  installation day at the Modern Love house, so the pile of paperwork and my desk will have to wait a little longer.




All Photos:   Carol Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...