Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rosedale Reno - Dining Room Sneak Peek


Dining Room by Carol Reed Interior Design

I had the opportunity to work on a full scale gut and reno of a Rosedale home for a young family back in 2007/08.  When I became involved in the project the century old house had already been stripped back to the brick and when you stood in the living room on the ground floor you could look up through three stories and see the sky above.   My scope of work involved planning all the interior detailing (mouldings, staircases, doorways etc.), lighting layout, designing the fireplaces and builtins, selecting all the interior finishes, specifying all the lighting, hardware, window coverings, and finally, sourcing a few key furniture pieces.   

Although its been more than a year and half since they've moved in and the interior construction was completed, there's still a lot of finishing touches to be added but these things will evolve over time as the family grows.  Frankly, after the lengthy and all consuming process of planning, building, and moving into the house, my clients have  simply been enjoying living in it and focusing on their busy day to day lives raising their two young daughters.  Slowly the rooms are coming to completion with the addition of artwork and accessories that the homeowners have been accumulating since they moved in but with so many rooms, it continues to be a work in progress.

I'll post more detail about this renovation project along with more after photos in the near future.  I visited their home this week and had the opportunity to take some up-dated photos, the small glimpse of the dining room above is one of my favorites.   This room will be getting a lot of use in the upcoming months and in just a couple of weeks I know it will be decked out for the holidays in silver, blue and green........but in the meantime,,,

Happy Thanksgiving!


Photo:   Carol Reed



4 comments:

  1. This is just a lovely job you did in this home. I love all of the neutrals used, the chandelier is stunning...if I hadn't just renovated and designed my new home I might have given you a call :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize it's a whole year later, but I'm just getting to know your blog over the last couple of months. May I ask...where did you get those beautiful chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anthony,
    When I first met this client and their home was nothing more than a pit in the ground and a shell of bricks,,,,she showed me a photo of a dining chair from Restoration Hardware that she had always wanted,,,12 mos later she still had to have those chairs. Unfortunately they were huge in scale and too big for her dining room but we found these ones that were similar but smaller, at the Chair Source, www.chairsource.ca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol...they make it in a bench as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...