Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Upload: June 22, 2010




Fresh white peonies and some fireplace renderrings in my studio


Well its been 3 weeks since my last Upload here.....which coincided with the peak of peony season around my house,,,,,and that lasted all of about 1 week this year.   They bloomed faster than I could cut them and then a few days of hard rain destroyed anything that was left on the bushes.  Such a shame I just wanted to cry,,,,,,um, actually I think I did.  So then, picking up here where I left off you'll see the last of my peony photos for this year! : (  


I was stacking the peonies wherever I could find a spot.  


I was like the Peony Express,,,I was taking them to friends and clients!


If you remember my last upload post you'll remember a vintage dresser I found at the Aberfoyle antique market, I delivered it to my clients and had her handyman hang the mirror above.


The mirror was purchased a couple of months ago and was waiting for the dresser, it was nice to finally get these pieces in place.  The dresser was perfect for this spot,,it was only 18" deep and had 5 drawers.
Mirror is from HomeDepot, flowers are from Chapters. All it needs is a couple more accessories  (Doors, floor and wall colour were all pre-existing when I came on board, and all had to stay as is).



It is possible to find some really cool fixtures for not a lot of money.


I can't help it, there are usually about 2 or 3 shots like this a day - Iphone is so touchy!
Now off to source some items for a rooftop deck...


Making fabric selections for new outdoor furniture


We're thinking about these for the rooftop deck too,,,,the large size


A lighting option for end tables..


A modern outdoor light fixture option....


This one isn't the one for this project but I love the pattern this fixture throws off, dramatic!





I sat down last week for a long chat with one of the owners of a new furniture store coming to the Caledonia & Castlefield design district.  He sketched out the floor plan floor for the new showroom and has shown me tons of photos of the product they'll be selling.  I've been hearing all about the progress of this new store for months now so it'll be intersting to see it evolve.  It's called Shelter Furniture, you can check out their facebook page here for a sneak peek of what's to come.
One of my favorite pieces soon to be available at Shelter Furniture

  


Before photo: I'm currently designing a new island for this client's kitchen, but were not stopping there, the entire kitchen is going to get a complete modern facelift.  Oh and the floor,,,that's going too!


And in my spare time (!?),,,,,I'm helping a family member finish his kitchen reno.  He needs cabinets stat, so I helped him get that all sorted out.  See drawings taped to hood!



I've been searching for a certain pair of night tables for about 5 months now,,,the search continues.



At first i like these lamps (almost love them) but I hesitate, I know if I start to see them en masse, I'll hate them.  But oh how I love a black shade!


Entrance to Gail's Kitchen, in the midst of construction as I arrived for a site meeting last week.


Things are moving along, framing, electrical and plumbing inspections have been passed and the drywall went up last week.  This is the view from the family room up into the kitchen.


I tweeted last week that if no one bought this chair, I would.  But it wouldn't fit in my car and I don't currently have my own mod patio for it, or a client for it.  My basement is already full of chairs.  I envision it spray painted with a new fabulous cushion and a funky side table.  C'mon,,,its only $95, I can't believe no one's bought it yet!!!

  


I may need to rent a storage locker soon.  I spotted this set of nesting tables outside an antique store in Oakville and I can't stop thinking about them.  I wish I had a client for these, I'm crazy for them.  This is the type of thing that takes a room to the next level.  When you have a room full of new furniture, you need to add something like this.  Its the unexpected thing you can't ever plan on finding or imagine you'd ever buy but once you see it in place it makes the room.  I can envision this even though its on the sidewalk and believe me, it would be stunning!  Look at the tourquoise detail......


And this chair,,,,,yes it needs some new fabric but this,,is the quintessential accent chair and it would make quite a statement in any space.  Love it.



I'm so influenced by the weather, my moods and my appetite.  I love the rain, I always have.  We've had a lot of it lately and the other day it was the strangest of days, it was a mix of both brilliant sunshine and torrential downpours.  Rubber boots and Ray-bans, I think those are the best kind of rainy days....




All Photos:  Carol's Iphone


4 comments:

  1. LOoks like you have been busy Carol...love the fireplace renderings. Peonies are my fav as well, but the rain here always ruins them, before I can get them inside. Love your studio!!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    next year I think I'll throw a peony themed dinner party, cut every last one of them (before the rain gets them) and then totally fill the house and cover the table with them. Yes,,,,,next year : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Carol,

    I was wondering where the light fixture is from, with the circular bulbs all tied together, listing a price of $250.

    Please let me know when you have a chance!

    Thanks.

    Lucas
    lucaslabelle@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucas,
    That fixture was on display at Universal Lighting, in Toronto (Caledonia & Lawrence area). www.greatlighting.com for their location and hours etc.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...